Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at The Law Offices of Martin Thomas, PLLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have questions or concerns about our policy or our practices regarding your personal information, contact us [email protected]
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you reveal to us
In short: we collect personal information you provide us, such as name, address, contact
information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us by expressing your interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, by participating in activities on the Sites or by contacting us in another way.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Name and contact details. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other similar contact details.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password suggestions and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment details. We collect the necessary data to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you must review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to answer your questions.
All personal information you provide us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information collected automatically
In summary: certain information, such as the IP address and / or browser and device features, is automatically collected when you visit our Sites.
We collect certain information automatically when you visit, use or browse the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URL, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is mainly necessary to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analysis and reporting purposes.
Like many companies, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In short: we may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners and other sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing prospects and search results and links, including paid lists (such as sponsored links).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: we process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, the fulfillment of our legal obligations and / or your consent.
We use personal information collected through our Sites for a variety of commercial purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes based on our legitimate business interests (“Commercial Purposes”), to conclude or conclude a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”) and / or for the fulfillment of our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing reasons we trust together with each of the purposes listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for commercial purposes. We may use your personal information to send you products, services and new information about functions and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- For other commercial purposes. We may use your information for other commercial purposes, such as
data analysis, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH SOMEONE?
In short: we only share information with your consent, to comply with the laws, to protect your rights or fulfill commercial obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- According to the laws. We may disclose your information when we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, government requests, a court procedure, court order or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to authorities to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Legal rights and vital interests. We may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding possible violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in a litigation in which we are involved.
- Providers, consultants and other third-party service providers. We may share your data with third-party providers, service providers, contractors or agents who provide services for us or in our processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will allow them to collect data on how you interact with the sites over time. This information can be used, among other things, to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or exchange your information with third parties for promotional purposes.
- Commercial transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or part of our business to another company.
- Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we do not have a legitimate commercial company to process your personal information, we will delete it or make it anonymous, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup files), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any subsequent processing until it is possible to delete it.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In short: you can review, change or cancel your account at any time.
If you reside in the European Economic Area and consider that we are illegally processing your personal information, you also have the right to file a complaint with the local data protection supervisory authority. You can find your contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies and similar technologies: most web browsers are configured to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to configure your browser to delete cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to delete cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain functions or services of our Sites.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you can send us an email to [email protected] or by postal mail to:
The Law Offices of Martin Thomas
440 Louisiana St, Suite 900
Houston, TX 77002
If you have further questions or comments about us or our policies, send us an email to [email protected] or by postal mail to:
The Law Offices of Martin Thomas
440 Louisiana St, Suite 900
Houston, TX 77002
Phone: (713) 571-2883